Hurricanes Rita and Katrina will be remembered as two of the most devastating tropical storms the Gulf Coast has ever witnessed. Offshore damage to oilfield assets was extensive. Chevron alone realized a total of 13 toppled platforms across its many leases in the GOM.
RCI’s in-house project management group assisted in spear heading the Chevron Hurricane Restoration Team (HRT) efforts in the Gulf of Mexico. The HRT was charged with a multitude of tasks including:
- Initial well intervention inside toppled jackets
- Inspection and preparation of toppled decks and jackets for recovery or reefing
- Salvage of submerged production deck sections
- Post site clearance operations
Effective RCI project management from start to finish is key to the success realized by Chevron HRT to date. RCI’s managers provided comprehensive oversight to all aspects of this project, in both corporate and on-site settings.
Project Management Scope of Work:
- Overall project planning, scheduling and cost control
- Contractor, vessel and personnel management
- Offshore operations interface and coordination
- HSE oversight
- Interim project MOC strategies
- Project summary accounting and reporting